Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager - Mumbai - Johnson Private Limited
Johnson Private Limited as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Johnson Private Limited company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
About the Company:
Every day, millions of people around the world enjoy the benefits of products from the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Very likely, someone in your family is one of them. Your family’s health and well-being is our passion.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Johnson & Johnson strives to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life. The organization is comprised of more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 128,700 employees. With Global sales of USD $74.3 billion in 2014, Johnson & Johnson is recognized as one of the most admired and respected companies in the world. Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers.
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments
Role Title: Strategic Sourcing manager
Sector : Medical Devices
The Manager of Strategic Sourcing will be the lead for their franchise and category at one or multiple global plants focusing on contemporary best practices, sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the organizations’ Strategic Sourcing Objectives. He/She will help develop and execute base and category business strategies and provide overall coordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice and that will leverage across MD.
He/She will be a leader in their strategic sourcing initiatives and will be expected to provide a practical and intellectual understanding of the global MD industry as well as hands-on leadership in all aspects of Sourcing operations, having overall responsibility for cost / quality / service / SEI / and Supplier Diversity for the sourcing group for the plants managed.
Provide focused leadership, strategic direction and expertise in Sourcing Management in assigned categories. Develop and implement strategic sourcing roadmap for India manufacturing plants and Asia Pacific region. Lead integrated teams across Ethicon and J&J including worldwide extended team members responsible for commercial and quality functions. Implement supplier programs achieving benchmark levels in quality, cost, delivery and service. Execute Make versus Buy decisions and strategies for manufacturing plants. Ensure goal/project alignment with all customers. Implement cost analysis and modeling for purchases. Delivers quality, innovation, and continuity of supply to the business.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Strategically manage all areas of responsibility by franchise, supplier, category, component / material, and facility to ensure the organizations objectives are met
- Explore all options of long term strategies (make vs buy, vertical integration, streamlining the supply chain, sole source, multi-source solutions, etc)
- Identify and qualify suppliers including diversity businesses for goods and services
- Partner with the Category & Advanced Sourcing and Innovation functions to ensure alignment to meet and exceed goals
- Develop and implement strong business systems to establish proactive issue resolution manage supplier partnerships & contribute positively to the efficiency of Production and Supply Chain
- Provide input to the strategic sourcing direction and ensure alignment and adherence
- Partner with Supplier quality to ensure alignment on supplier management processes
- Prepare annual business plans budget and deliver YOY productivity savings and any other reporting requirements for the groups
- Support and assist in the management of a technically based, competent sourcing organization
- Upgrade supplier skills (ship-to-stock, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Manage supplier capabilities including but not limited to capacity planning, tooling and resource investments including inventory management
- Conduct industry research and market surveys in order to stay current with best in class strategic sourcing practices and customer demands
- Participate as active Source representative on plant leadership teams for Ethicon plants in India and Asia Pacific region
- Lead and execute outcomes of enterprise complexity reduction strategies that impact material and suppliers for for India plants and Asia Pacific
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
- BCP - Create sourcing strategies for materials, suppliers and manufacturing facilities to maintain supply continuity, highest quality and most competitive costs
- CIP - Champion annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier / teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy (e.g. lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, etc.).
- SRM - Track and manage performance of suppliers and ensure that performance issues are quickly addressed
Experience and Key Competencies
- Minimum of 7 plus years relevant experience in a logistics/supply chain role within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate required
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required
- Expertise in Operations, Logistics, Planning, and Forecasting required
- Financial management & budget development and control
- Analytical-absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Management leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization
- Management & leadership of a diverse workforce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in data gathering and presentation
- High level of understanding of Quality,Compliance and Regulatory procedures
- High level of understanding of Contract Law
GLP’s / Personal Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills required
- Creative & decisive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Change leadership expertise
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning.
- Strong Credo values
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) preferred
- Certified member of CIPS(Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) preferred
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)