System Administrator - Pune - Atos
Atos as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the System Administrator jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Atos company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Job title: Sr. System Engineer (Linux)
*Role & responsibilities:
· Carries out Linux OS administration activities including Health checks, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, Query and Service Level Management activities;
· Responds to enquiries and is able to deal effectively with a broad range of issues.
· Carries out planning and tracking of tasks, for the subordinates.
· Supervises and gives instruction to less experienced colleagues in all aspects of current and correct operational practice.
· Responds to enquiries and is able to deal effectively with a broad range of problems of moderate complexity
· Assists in the analysis of incidents and problems to show trends and potential problem areas, so that action can be taken to minimize the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting, analysis and clearance.
· Obtains data to assist in the investigation and resolution of problems.
· In the function of Linux specialist candidate is responsible for maintaining high end and critical Linux servers. We are looking for a dedicated and experienced technician who can work via processes but also has a flexible attitude to perform tailored services for the clients.
· Required to work in rotating shifts(24x7) and also provide standby support if required
· Required to work on multi-OS platform if applicable
· Required to support multiple customers
· Perform all the L1/L2 activities and take initiative to work on L3 activities
3-5 years in Linux
Diploma or Bachelor’s in Engineering, Science.
(as defined in the GCM model)
Refer attached document
ITIL knowledge desired
Knowledge of ‘Call Management system’ or a ticketing tool, is preferred
Remote server administration experience.
Certification in Redhat Linux
Experience on Suse and Ubuntu Linux
Special knowledge/skills required, if any:
Certification in Redhat Cluster, Virtualization
Troubleshooting and investigative approach to problem solving.
Prior experience with International customers
Experience on other flavor on Unix
Knowledge of Unix naming services
Storage and RAID concepts
Personal attributes/competencies required:
Understanding the needs of customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
Communicates effectively by word of mouth and in writing (in formal and informal conditions)
Applies quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
Has Quick grasping power
Is a good team worker
Will report to: