Group Leader Consumer Science - Thane - Mondelez International
Mondelez International as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Group Leader Consumer Science jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Mondelez International company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Mondelēz India Foods Ltd is a leading global confectionery & snacks company. It began its operations in 1948 by importing chocolates. After 60+ years of existence, it today has six company-owned manufacturing facilities at Thane, Induri (Pune), Malanpur (Gwalior), Sricity (Andhra Pradesh), Baddi (Himachal Pradesh), and Hyderabad and 4 sales offices (New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Chennai). The corporate office is in Mumbai.
We operate in five categories in India – Chocolate, Confectionery, Beverages, Biscuits, Gum and Candy and market 11 Power Brands which include Bournvita, Dairy Milk, Halls, Gems, 5Star, Choclairs, Perk, Celebrations, Bournville, Tang & Oreo. Mondelez India Foods Ltd dominates the chocolate market in India with approximately 70% share of the market.
Position Purpose Statement
Provide Consumer Science related support to Mondelēz legal entities, per service agreements. This includes the global beverages category with focus on regional brands and AMEA region. It may also include support to other regions and categories as organization priorities dictate.
The role leads and manages a team of scientists and technicians at several organizational levels and generally does not manage other managers. The jobholder has broad consumer science experiences including sensory/consumer including qualitative/quantitative and non-standard methods.
The role requires the jobholder to work with a high degree of autonomy developing departmental plans consistent with the functional strategic goals. The jobholder assumes leadership role of the team and interfaces with R&D peers and leaders as well as cross-functional senior management. The jobholder is responsible for the quality of work done by the team and directs activities of junior professionals to deliver against organizational goals. The jobholder interacts regularly with key stakeholders and delivers expert technical knowledge representing the function. The jobholder is able to solve complex problems and get things done through both formal and informal channels.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Oversee single or multi stage medium scoped projects, ensuring they deliver to the required standards and agreed timescales, including overseeing the design of research to meet objectives, produce good quality, actionable data and responsible for the recommendations coming from the research.
- Coach staff in understanding and applying the many different consumer science practices
- Contribute to the development of departmental strategic plans; and set and monitor individual annual goals for all staff
- May be responsible for a departmental budget including development, monitoring and delivery in line with corporate requirements
- Effectively applies varying subject matter vocabulary to various constituencies.
- Seeks improvement on existing methods in line with good scientific principles.
- Develops staff to translate technical information to non-technical business partners.
- Direct all aspects of research both qualitative and quantitative including the integration/linking of descriptive and consumer data into a cohesive story.
- Oversee the execution of CAD (Consumer Aided Design) work including the design of the research program and all executional elements including Knowledge Mapping, Value Diagramming, Product Labs and subsequent analysis and reporting of results.
- May work on own projects with high degree of technical skill
- Effectively partner with stakeholders (R&D and Commercial / Insights) ensuring that the work undertaken by staff is in line with the strategic priorities of the business.
- Can effectively make a business case for resources required and find strategies to secure those resources.
- Prioritize and delegate the work assignments to colleagues in order to deliver agreed annual plans.
- Role model leadership behaviours and deputize for senior manager as required.
- Ensure an efficient and safe running of the sensory laboratory, including maintaining the quality system, ensuring that procedures are followed properly and highest standards of work and environment, health and safety are maintained.
- Contribute to CS Team goals by participating or leading teams where new methodologies and capability are evaluated, proposed and implemented.
Educated to at least degree level in a scientific subject and/or appropriate post graduate qualifications.