Network Engineer - Navi Mumbai - Lumen
Lumen as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Network Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Lumen company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Navi Mumbai, India
The job responsibilities include day-to-day co-ordination, carrying out operations of but not limited to:
The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of in-house voice, data, video and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs) across the organization.
In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all network hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Collaborate with executive management and department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Design and support VoIP infrastructure and its associated software, including IP-PBXs, call management systems, voice mail, and interactive voice response.
- Select, deploy, and utilize appropriate tools for reporting and routing of IP telephony traffic on the network.
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, hubs, switches, UPSs, and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Remain current on new transport protocols, products, and standards in support of VoIP systems development and equipment procurement.
- Integrate IP telephony systems with enterprise LANs, WANs, wireless LANs, and other Internet-based services and protocols.
- Provide leadership for implementing new VoIP products or services, as well as the technical resources required to manage them.
- Collaborate with help desk to resolve trouble tickets and mitigate end-user issues with VoIP hardware and/or applications.
- Assist with the installation planning and maintenance of network cabling, including MDF and IDF closets.
- Perform telephony audits as necessary.
- Train and mentor junior engineers and other members of the telecommunications department.
- Monitor and identify capacity and performance issues for VoIP traffic to ensure continued, uninterrupted operation of telephony systems.
- Collaborate with network engineers or administrators to ensure that VoIP traffic is properly configured and QOS policies are in affect.
- Conduct testing and development disaster recovery plans to detect faults, minimize malfunctions, and backup systems.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Must have Experience on Firewalls
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, WLAN, and WWAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent knowledge of telephony systems, including Avaya and Cisco offerings.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including EiGRP, OSPF, BGP and Cisco Routers and Switches.
- Strong experience with Extreme Switches.
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Extensive application support experience with Cisco and Sonic firewalls
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Working technical knowledge of VoIP/IP telephony systems, software, and hardware, including Lync and Cisco Call Manager.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of the configuration and optimization of VoIP equipment
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SIP, H.323, TCP/IP protocols
- Strong understanding VoIP QoS issues and mitigation strategies.
- Working technical knowledge of the Linux operating systems.
- Familiar with network topologies such as MPLS, Frame Relay, ATM, ISDN, etc.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation.