Release Database Engineer - Bangalore - Oracle
Oracle as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Release Database Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Oracle company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Oracle Store is an eCommerce platform for selling Oracle’s products and services to its customers and partners. It is a one stop place for the consumers to create, view and manage various transactions such as purchase SW, HW
and Cloud based services as well as track orders, subscribe memberships in various Oracle Programs, renew support, manage cloud subscriptions and so on. These are modern, intuitive and mobile-friendly/responsive web applications, designed to run on Oracle DB and utilize many cutting edge Oracle technologies to interact with our various systems like Oracle E-Business Suite R12, Oracle Fusion and others.
We are seeking bright individual with a proven track record to drive the Systems Release and Production Operations for our eCommerce platform. We run the world's largest enterprises and are looking for leaders to expand into new areas. We want technical individuals who would help with our next releases and growing production support needs.
We are looking for Database Administration professionals who would assist us in the following role:
- Provide consultation on Database design and implementation
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges)
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Work as part of a team and provide 24x7 support when required
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Patch Management and Version Control
System Releases and Deployments · Participate and plan System Release cycles and schedules.
· Performs various patching related activities during System releases and deployment windows.
· Adheres to release processes, installation, configuration procedures.
· Contributes to maintain and improve system standards.
· Research and recommend innovative tools and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
Operations and Support · Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
· Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
· Perform/Validate scheduled backup operations, ensuring all required file
systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
· Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
· Create/Manage (Change and Delete) user accounts as needed.
· Repair and recover from hardware or software failures as needed. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
· Provide System Production support per request from various lines of business. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
· Investigate Seed data, Translations and other issues to provide appropriate
Some of the requirements and responsibilities are:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
· 7+ years of experience in System Admin/Release, DBA, Production support.
· Good understanding of Oracle DB and Applications Lifecycle
· Familiar with using version control systems such as RCS, CVS or SVN
· Strong Oracle database, SQL and PL/SQL skills to create, modify, debug,
test, and document PL/SQL, tables, packages, procedures, functions, and
· Oracle DB 11g/12c performance tuning expert knowledge highly preferred.
· Hands-on experience in troubleshooting / diagnosing production DB issue
· Hands-on experience in Linux/Unix shell scripting
· Understands partitioning, data guard, distributed query (db links)
· Knowledge on RAC
· Knowledge on Linux, Weblogic Server (WLS)
· Preferable good understanding of Oracle APEX and APEX Listener
· Oracle certification is a plus
· Optional Experience with web application technologies,
- Optional experience with Oracle EBS, Fusion, eCommerce applications
Other skills: · Strong collaboration and teamwork skills necessary.
· Ability to effectively share technical information, contribute towards design and
· Selfstarter and motivated with ability to work in a fast paced Rapid
· Application Development environment.
· Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
· Proven problem solving skills from problem assessment to solution selection
· and implementation.
· Ability to demonstrate critical thinking
· Capacity to embrace changes, adapt to new technologies
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and/or assignments simultaneously
· Experience in leading independent tasks/projects
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.