Support Eng - Bangalore - Microsoft
Microsoft as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Support Eng jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Microsoft company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Position: Support Engineer - SQL
Location: Bangalore, India
Microsoft India Global Technical Support Centre (IGTSC)
Microsoft GTSC was established in October of 2003 in India, it is part of Microsoft"s Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization
which has locations throughout the Americas, EMEA, Asia Pacific and Greater China.
Microsoft"s CSS organization supports over 170 Microsoft products which range from the Consumer to Enterprise customer segments.
This includes the MSN and Home and Entertainment products as well as the more deeply technical products from Developer Support
and Enterprise Platform Support to Enterprise Messaging Support and Enterprise Business Applications Support. The site in Bangalore
is a part of a global network that has over 50 million customer touch points on an annual basis and provides services to the Consumer
and Enterprise customer segments.
For more details regarding India GTSC, please visit
The SQL Support team will be responsible for delivering SQL Server support for all Microsoft customers. Utilizing knowledge of the customer environment, they will deliver timely and high quality incident resolution focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer. They will effectively manage cases and sub-cases to ensure timely and high quality communication with customers and resolution of all issues.
• Communicate with corporate customers via telephone, email, and other electronic communications regarding problems.
• Analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs; may involve writing custom code.
• Participate in case triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop efficient customer solutions.
• Write technical articles and sample programs for Microsoft's knowledge base.
Qualifications, Abilities and Experience should include:
• Strong Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) knowledge and experience.
• Hands on experience on SQL DBA activities.(At least 4+ yrs, someone with exp in Oracle DBA willing to work on SQL is also eligible)
• Experience on clustering and availability groups will be an advantage.
Good knowledge gained from experience in Microsoft® SQL Server versions 2012 , 2008 R2 , 2008, 2005 is required
• Good understanding of the concepts of Operating Systems is required
• Experience of at-least 4 years in the technical environment mentioned above is desirable.
Critical Exposure areas;
1. Database experience with good knowledge of internals
2. Operating System Concepts
3. Trouble shooting skills
Reporting to: Team Manager