Software Engineer - - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Software Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Together Medtronic and Covidien are working to improve how
healthcare addresses the needs of more people, in more ways and in more places
around the world. As one company, we can accelerate and advance our ability to
create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people
on our team. This is the ideal opportunity to join us, and be part of our
commitment to the health of others.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
· The Software Engineer will be a member of the Engineering R&D team working on the development and support of medical devices. Software Engineers work closely with other members of the engineering staff to provide technical solutions to engineering problems.
· The Software Engineer will participate in the creation of design documentation, software code, test plans, and other project artifacts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participates, as a member of software project or sub-project team(s), in the development of software applications
· Adheres to defined development procedures.
· Generates high-quality work products.
· Translates requirements/specifications into design, and ultimately software.
· Participates in requirements, design and code reviews as they pertain to software designs.
· Participates in other activities, such as performing hazard and risk analysis, reviews of designs and tests, etc.
· Functions well in a team environment
· Demonstrates good coding practices.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
· Reports to the Engineering Manager
· Accountable to a Principal or Senior Software Engineer(s) and/or Project Manager(s) for project-related responsibilities
· Frequent interaction with team members from other disciplines, particularly hardware engineers, to develop project requirements and other project artifacts such as project schedules. Possible interaction with clinicians, third-party vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors and other users.
· 7 to 8 years embedded software engineering experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY
· Extensive experience with ANSI C and C++ required.
· Hands on experience with VC++ are added advantage.
· Strong knowledge on inter-process communication.
· Candidate should be knowledgeable and have experience in software engineering processes and software life-cycle in general.
· Object-Oriented Design and Implementation, is required.
· Experience in embedded, real time applications required.
· Knowledge and experience in GUI development with Silverlight / XAML is required.
· Good understanding of multithreading in both, design and implementation
· Experience with projects that require hardware /software interfacing
· Strong knowledge and experience with WinCE
· Knowledge of working on other OS Linux, VxWorks a plus.
· Knowledge of basic communication protocols like serial, wifi
· Hands on experience in using measurement equipment like multimeter, Oscilloscope, Function generator preferred.
· Medical instruments development experiences a plus
· Experience with a documented software development processes or familiarity with FDA and ISO standards like IEC 62304 is a plus
· Good communication skills
· Good team player
· Required: - B.E or B.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
· Preferred: - M.E or M.Tech in Computer Sciences, Electronics or Electrical Engineer.
SHORT-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (6-12 MONTHS)
· Demonstrate strong programming skills
· Demonstrate understanding of design and design patterns
· Demonstrate strong knowledge on tools and technologies
· Establish trusting relationship with the team and other stakeholders
· Demonstrate problem solving capabilities.
· Deliver on project commitments.
LONG-TERM SUCCESS METRICS (1+ YEAR)
· Learn and demonstrate Product and Domain understanding
· Demonstrate solid understand of Software Development Lifecycle
· Consistently deliver on Project commitments