Engineering Director - Chennai - Ooyala
Ooyala as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Engineering Director jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Ooyala company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Have you ever watched a sporting event live on your computer or tablet? Or caught up on the latest videos on your phone? If so, you already know Ooyala.
Each month, nearly 220 million viewers in just about every country in the world watch online video powered by Ooyala. We work with TV networks, broadcasters, cable and satellite providers, movie studios and media companies to deliver personalized, premium video content and advertising to tablets, smart phones, connected TVs and PCs all over the world. With our big data heritage and market-leading video analytics, Ooyala delivers TV-quality media experiences across all screens and geographies.
Working at Ooyala is fast-paced, fun, and challenging, and we thrive on innovation. Come join our team and help shape the future of TV.
Are you an inspirational leader that others seek out and WANT to follow? Can you provide Technical Direction, Software Development, People Management and Software Product Delivery? Ooyala is becoming an established engineering company in Chennai. In the past 6 months we have grown to 50+ employees and we need a local leader to get us to the next level. If you have the following we should talk:
In this role you will:
- Work closely with peers and Product Managers to develop the best technical design and approach for new Product Development
- Evaluating and comparing alternate technologies and solutions
- Guiding, coaching, and mentoring software development team on design, development best practices, & processes
- SaaS or Enterprise SW exp
- Experience with distributed teams
- Direct experience working for a Global SW product company
- Strong ability to collaborate across lines of business (Sales, Technical Support, Services, and Engineering), partners and customers to drive win-win-win situations for all
- Hands-on technical depth in software, and systems to dive into details with engineers and distil to high level for executives, customers, and non-technical audience
- 7+ years of management experience
- Ability to participate with sales on customer visits
- Experience managing managers (i.e. 2nd line manager)
- Video / Media experience or AdTech experience (would be a plus)
- Experience speaking locally on technical topics, brown bags, blogs, etc.
Some of the most successful and innovative media companies and content rights holders in the world— Sky Sports, Vudu, Major League Soccer, NBCUniversal, RTL Germany, Accuweather and Singapore’s Mediacorp—rely on Ooyala.