Data Engineer - Chennai - Fresh Desk
Fresh Desk as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Data Engineer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Fresh Desk company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Working as a part of Business Operations, the role requires you to work closely with Program Managers working on projects for the sales and marketing functions, and sometimes with the Product managers, for helping them take data-driven decisions. Key areas of the role:
- Influencing business decision making by providing quantitative/qualitative data analysis, which bring out insights and trends pertaining to business performance.
- Collecting, aggregating, and analyzing data from multiple sources to drive insights.
- Using advanced analytics and metrics to improve processes and provide data-driven forecasts of potential costs, revenues, and risks of business initiatives.
- Communicating findings to stakeholders and providing recommendations to business for improving business performance.
- Ensuring that data flows smoothly from source to destination so that it can be processed.
- Utilize strong database skills to work with large, complex data sets to extract insights.
- Filter and cleanse unstructured (or ambiguous) data into usable data sets that can be analyzed to extract insights and improve business processes.
- Identify new internal and external data sources to support analytics initiatives and work with appropriate partners to absorb the data into new or existing data infrastructure.
- Building tools for automating repetitive asks so that the bandwidth can be freed for analytics.
- Collaborate with Program Managers and Business Analysts to help them come up with actionable, high-impact insights across product lines and functions.
- Work closely with top-management to prioritize information and analytic needs.
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative field (such as Engineering, Statistics, Math, Economics, or Computer Science with Modeling/Data Science), preferably with work experience of over 2 years.
- Ability to program in any high level language is required. Familiarity with R and statistical packages are preferred.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced, technology-oriented environment.
- Prior project experience in one or more of the following areas are preferred, but not absolutely required.
- Familiarity with database technologies and tools (SQL/R/SAS/JMP etc.), data warehousing, transformation and processing. Work experience with real data for customer insights, -business and market analysis will be advantageous.
- Experience with text analytics, data mining and social media analytics.
- Hadoop-based technologies like MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- SQL based technologies like PostgreSQL and MySQL
- NoSQL technologies like Cassandra and MongoDB
- Statistical knowledge in standard techniques: Logistic Regression, Classification models, Cluster Analysis, Neural Networks, Random Forests, Ensembles, etc.