Technical Writer - Bangalore - Greytip
Greytip as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Technical Writer jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Greytip company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Sr. Technical Writer
9.30AM to 6.30PM
Commensurate with Experience/Competencies
About the Company
Greytip Software is India’s largest cloud HR & Payroll software solutions company. With a customer base of over 3000 customers we touch the lives of 600,000+ employees daily. Our mission is to improve people-centric practices and performance in SMEs (Small and Medium enterprises) through our cloud solution, greytHR.
We are looking at an enthusiastic member for our product engineering team to work with a group
of geeks to generate product user manuals and other technical documents. He/she shall compose text, organize, coordinate and manage assigned technical writing project.
Mostly assignments will focus on preparation of technical literature that assists customers to easily
and effectively use greytHR.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, collect data and interact with appropriate stakeholders to compose text for technical literature, which meets Greytip Software standards and procedures.
- Write clear, precise and unambiguous instructions in grammatically correct English and in an engaging and coherent style.
- Refer diagrams, specifications, mockups and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, production sequence and detail.
- Capture screens, product tours, flow diagrams and charts to illustrate the material.
- Develop content using a content management system.
- Track and fix content defects and improve it as per requirements.
- Create, edit and maintain technical and allied publications that accurately and effectively support the product release requirement s in various output formats (pdf, online help, mail, forum post etc.)
- Create API Documentation for REST APIs.
- Create documentation methodologies, frameworks and workflow diagrams.
- Coordinate review of all assigned writing projects to ensure thorough documentation.
- Complete writing assignments on time.
- Provide input on other technical writing projects by critiquing, editing and proofreading manuscripts prepared by others.
- Guide and work along with Jr. Technical Writers in bringing out the best quality technical
- Successfully work with and communicate with product, development, delivery, support, sales and marketing teams.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Literature or Science or Technology.
- Excellent oral, written, and listening skills in English
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of word, rules of composition and grammar.
- Familiarity with conventions in form, structure and notation of technical writing.
- 3 to 5 years of technical writing experience in software product or IT services industry.
- Exceptional written, organizational, interpersonal, project management, and communication skills.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well both independently and in a
- team environment.
- Communicate information in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Proficiency in office productivity tools for documentation, spreadsheet, presentation.
- Desired Competencies
- Diploma or Certificate in Technical Writing
- Proficiency in professional tools like Confluence Wiki, Whatfix, Snagit, Bugzilla or JIRA.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Lunch facility
- Great team members & energy filled work environment
- Opportunity to be involved in high impact work