Systems Administrator Informatica - Bangalore - Medtronic
Medtronic as the company that open the jobs vacancy, have some qualification and spesification especially for the Systems Administrator Informatica jobs vacancy. To find out more information and about qualification and spesification details, walkin interview schedule, the address of the company, the company contact info (email/phone number) of Medtronic company, please start to apply for the job vacancy with fill the jobs application with click the 'Apply This Job' button below.
Systems Administrator- Informatica
Medtronic BI services enable business units to make timely decisions by providing solutions using the latest industry oriented technology. Key strategy is data consolidation from various source systems such as SAP ECC, JDE, Work Day, Siebel, SAP CRM and other enterprise business systems. Medtronic is leveraging various state of the art BI platforms such as SAP HANA, Oracle 12c, Spotfire, Tableau, SAP Lumira, SAP Business Objects 4.1, SAP SLT, Informatica, IBM Infosphere Replication Server (IRS) and SAP BW.
Medtronic has a custom built Oracle based Data Integration Platform (DIH) of size up to 30 Terabyte, and a reporting data warehouse in SAP HANA which is 13 Terabyte in size with 13 nodes.
Medtronic’s diverse environment, business requirements and technology platform provides various challenges in the BI and Analytics space. It’s a great place to leverage your expertise, learn and excel.
Job Title : Systems Administrator
Department : Global BI and Analytics
Reporting to : Lead- ETL Operations
- Setup and maintain Informatica folders and folder access
- Ensure “lights on” support - services are up and running in all environments
- Release Code to Production Environment using Deployment group
- Implement Security Standards and roles
- Implement migrations, upgrades, patches and service pack implementations in all environments
- Participate in major projects/initiatives
- Work with Data Architects/ETL Developers to help improve the Informatica objects
- Periodically evaluate Informatica Architecture and work with Unix team to re-architect to gain performance
- Support infrastructure planned maintenance and outages
- Create and maintain connections (relational, application, etc.) and system username/passwords.
- Opening Informatica SR's (service requests) and working with INFA support to investigate/resolve issues
- User support – answering questions, investigating user issues, enforcing standards
- Proactively monitor the system health, make sure that the scheduled maintenance jobs run daily/weekly/monthly as needed.
- Recommend improvements to system maintenance, management, architecture and support processes.
- Manage and maintain existing Informatica interfaces: PowerExchange, OBDC connections, etc.
- Install, configure, migrate and support new interface setup: Web services, OBDC connections
- Participate in defining Informatica standards and best practices (with the clients ETL architect)
- Support production scheduler failures (either level 1 or 2)
- Monitor the health of Informatica application and make sure the maintenance jobs run daily/weekly
- Provide 24/7 on call support
- Strong experience in Informatica platform administration 9.x certification
- Experience with Data Warehouse applications, Oracle Pl/SQL and Unix Shell Scripts.
- Experience in working with Relational DB’s.
- Data warehousing concepts in Oracle environment
- Demonstrated experience in Unix shell scripting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work under tight deadlines with limited supervision.
- Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written to the IT team and business partners.
- Ability to provide end user support and identify issues as they arise.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the peers, management & leaders of the business area supported as well as within IT structure.
- Assume accountability and take ownership for all projects that you are responsible and involved in.
- Strong analytical and problem resolution experience
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Exposure to SAP HANA administration and data modelling concepts
- Flexibility and ability to quickly learn other platform administration in the data analytics space
This role may require working in shifts and shift shall be assigned as per business need.
. EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation in Engineering (BE/BTech) or Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) from a reputed institute/university
Minimum 3 years of Informatica platform administration experience